Monday, July 11, 2011

European Vacation

I hope you have enjoyed my scheduled blog posts over the last month. I wanted to tell you that I was leaving on a trip to Europe, but I'm just not comfortable sharing that kind of information with the world. So now I will tell you now... I have just returned from a month in Europe! My husband, my sister and my 87 year old parents started with a guided tour thru Southern Ireland. Followed that up with a week in Paris where we rented a fantastic apartment near the Les Goblins metro stop. From Paris, my husband and I flew to Spain and visited Barcelona, Sevilla, Madrid and Toledo. The whole trip was like a dream!

Near Limerick, Ireland

Ireland....the countryside is just as spectacular as the people who live there....could there be any nicer people in the world?

In the gardens at Versailles, France

Paris...a little bit of torture for someone like me who can't eat gluten...but a city filled with so much light and soul...and all that amazing art work. It was heaven. And there is something so dreamy about the sky in France.

Pitchers of Sangria at a cafe in Sevilla, Spain

Spain...happy people filled with lots of fun. Loved the Sangria and loved how every Spanish woman carried and used such beautiful fans.

I'll share more little bits and pieces with you over the next while. Just wanted to let you know where I've been. I'm hoping that your summer is off to a great start!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great holiday and enjoyed Ireland too :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!!! I walked right past that metro station when I was trying to find our hotel in Paris! What a great trip!! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic trip through some of the nicest places in Europe ! Of the three, Ireland is still my favourite although the two others are fabulous too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fantastic trip, how I envy you! I want to go back to Paris, my favorite city. Post more picture please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, lucky you! Welcome back. We're headed to Paris in the fall, and my Husband and I are gluten sensitive. I think it will be a painful trip ;)

    ReplyDelete