Thursday, May 26, 2011

I saw an owl in the wild!!!

My Barred Owl at Tryon Creek State Park, Portland Oregon.  May 2011
I have put together a little owl fest in celebration of me spotting my very first owl in the wild! If you have been following my blog you may remember that my new years resolution in 2008 was to see an owl in the wild...which did not happen until 2009...and that owl was spotted by my friend. This cute barred owl...was spotted by me (!) about 30 feet off of a trail at Tryon Creek State Park, silently watching hikers go by. It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

esty:corid

custom owl paintings by Kimberley Crowther


Owl kitchen towel:The Storage Store

Etsy: 2chicksandafancyowl

5 comments:

  1. That would be amazing! Bucket list item, check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is seeing a real wild owl?

    They are so mysterious and are what legends are made of.

    Thank you for bringing the moment to us all.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how cool. I hear them all the time but never spot them like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what luck! he's stunning. we hear them a lot in sussex, and they sound completely different from the owls in vancouver.

    thanks for dropping by appleturnover.tv! x elisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owls are so sweet, love your blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog, are you going to Dublin for your trip to Ireland?

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete