Friday, April 15, 2011

Lemon cubes


So back to the Limoncello for a moment.

After all of the zest was off of the lemons I juiced them and froze the juice in ice
cube trays. I store them in a ziplock bag (obviously in the freezer) and whenever
a recipe or cocktail calls for lemon juice I use these. I did the same with some of my
California oranges.

2 cubes equals the juice of 1 lemon.

Now onto the juicer. I love our little 12 oz Braun electric juicer. (I'd give you link but they don't make it anymore.) It's so small, easy to store, easy to use and easy to clean. Years ago when we were in Palm Springs on vacation with our kids we bought this little juicer for about $15 along with a huge bag of oranges. We made fresh squeezed orange juice in our little apartment all vacation long...and drank it by the pool.

2 comments: