Monday, April 4, 2011

California Gold

Fresh organic lemons and navel oranges (California Gold) from Santa Barbara, California

So...lately I have been spending a lot of time away from my kitchen! My husband, who is a college professor, and I recently took a Spring Break road trip down to California to visit our daughter, our parents and other family and friends. It was so much fun and it's always refreshing to have a break from our Portland rain. (And I have to add that we are so proud of our daughter who graduated from college last May with a degree in Psychology and found a fantastic job related to her degree.)

So...back to the citrus.

One of the million things that I love about California is the fact that just about everyone has citrus trees of some kind in their yard! While we were there we were given bags of fresh organic oranges and lemons...or as I like to call them...California Gold.  If you follow my blog I think you might know what I will be doing with the lemons! Yes, this week I will be making the Limoncello that I told you about...and posting the recipe.

Lemons soon to be Limoncello!

6 comments:

  1. Lucky lady! That's my favorite part about California. And that there is less rain I suppose.

    Congrat's to your daughter. What an exciting time for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just adore fresh citrus!

    Especially lemons. They smell so delicious. These are beauties.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how heavenly! We were squeezing citrus the other day and it absolutely smelled like sunshine in our little kitchen!

    Congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually start my Limoncello about this time of the year also. Spicers in Oregon City usually carries oreganic Lemons at this time of the year. This year I started to collect antique looking liquer glasses, ones with etching or cut glass on them that I find in thrift stores and will give them along with the Limoncello as gifts to friends who also love to drink it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh citrus and sunshine!! Lucky you! Glad you had a good time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you stopping by my blog again and posting such a soulful comment, i loved it. and, yes, i could use a good dessert recipe for my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete