Wednesday, April 6, 2011

bags4kids.org

Today, while I was out and about and away from my kitchen, the car in front of me had a bumper sticker on the back that simply said...bags4kids.org. I wrote it down to look it up later.

I copied this from their website:

“The Bags 4 Kids Foundation collects donations to assist and support the mental well being and comfort for children during stressful transitions from police stations, children’s services offices and Foster care agencies.

When children are removed from their homes, they travel with trash bags in hand...if they have anything at all. Sadly, the majority have nothing. When children must face this crisis alone, Bags4Kids is there to comfort and aid in this frightening transition.  
 
Bags4Kids collects new and gently used back packs, duffle bags, tote and diaper bags, and fills them with various items that will bring comfort to children during transitional times in their lives.”

Don't you think this is a great and unique cause?

2 comments:

  1. What sensitive and caring people; good measures that communities everywhere should take. Thanks for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful idea for such a trying and difficult time in a childs life. I will try and keep the idea in my mind and to save a bag that I feel would be of use to them.

    ReplyDelete