Monday, February 28, 2011

PS22 Chorus




I was so happy to see PS22 Chorus* performing at the end of the Academy Awards last night. If you've read my profile you will see that I am a big fan of theirs...and especially of their teacher...the amazing Gregg Breinberg. I am a firm believer that if given an excellent teacher, children can thrive and become excellent themselves.

“There”...a song by The Innocence Mission (one of my all-time favorite bands) is one of my favorite youtube recordings of PS22. The children sing and gesture with such feeling and the energy of Mr. B is inspiring.

*The PS22 Chorus is an elementary school chorus from Public School 22 in Graniteville, Staten Island (New York). It is composed of 60-70 fifth-graders, and is directed by Gregg Breinberg

No comments:

Post a Comment