Monday, January 10, 2011

Things I love about California

I grew up in California, in the Bay Area. As much as I love Oregon, I miss California. Last week, when the weather cleared in Oregon, we hopped in the car and drove back home to visit my parents then on to Santa Barbara to visit more family. Along the way I was reminded of all of the things I love about Callie...

warm sun thru the car window
Eucalyptus trees
Oleanders
Agapanthus
rolling hills with scattered oak trees
birds singing and flowers blooming all year round
the lonesome song of the mourning dove
the smell of the ocean even when you are not near it
bare feet on sand
sunglasses
palm trees set against a blue sky
surfboards on cars
the Pacific Ocean
and of course...the ever present sunshine

Agapanthus. Photo by Ferdi

1 comment:

  1. I love California too! I've never lived there, but I have a soft spot for places where it's warm and sunny. : )

    ReplyDelete