Thursday, December 9, 2010

Java Log...Eco-Friendly Firelog

The logs sell for about $4.50 each.


I was just at at holiday party at my very-green-friend-Susan's home. She had a wonderful fire burning in her fireplace. Turns out she was burning Java Logs that she had purchased at New Seasons (a local organic store). I hadn't heard of these so I'm really excited to tell you about them!

They are made out of recycled coffee grounds (about 350 cups worth of grounds), a vegetable wax (natural and renewable) and molasses. It has 25% more energy than wood and produces less carbon-monoxide than wood! I think they would make a unique host or hostess gift.

After doing a little reading for my post today I see that there are some tutorials on making your own coffee logs. I also see that these have been featured on the Oprah, Ellen and other popular TV shows. Is this news to you or did you already know about these? I'd like to know what you think of these?

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, have never heard of java logs! What a great idea! I can't burn wood in my faux fireplace but I'm going to tells my friends about java logs. :)

    ReplyDelete