Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today is a good day for a "personal" watermelon... don't you think?

I'll post my own photos later. This photo via WayTru/Flickr

When the sun shines in Portland you just, plain and simply, can not beat it. For some reason here in Oregon we are having near to perfect weather. It's close to 70 degrees. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, the air is fresh and clean. Everyone is smiling. Around town restaurants are throwing open their windows and setting out their sidewalk tables and chairs. The streets are full of bicycles, walkers and joggers. Leaf blowers and lawn mowers are working hard. Portland is buzzing!

Several days ago I bought a seedless watermelon at a local market knowing that Fall may not be the best time to buy a watermelon. But the handwritten sign above the mound of melons said..."Personal Watermelons $2.99". I could not resist having my own "personal" watermelon.

My melon has been patiently ripening on my kitchen counter thru days of gray skies and intermittent rain. Today the weather is lovely outside and inside. A perfect day to cut into my "personal" watermelon... don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment